Girls on Track Foundation opens applications for grant funding annually (see below for current deadlines). Applications for new grants are not accepted while we work on funding for active current campaigns.
Grants are available for the following organizations and programs:
- Programs or special events with a specific focus on awareness of and access to roller derby for teen girls (ages 12 to 18).
- Equipment for roller derby that would be available on a long-term basis to allow access to roller derby for teen girls.
- Your organization or event does NOT have to be a registered non-profit but it must focus on long term awareness/access to roller derby for teen girls.
- You can apply from anywhere in the world. We give grants to organizations everywhere in the derby world!
What we do not fund at this time:
- Individual sponsorships – either monetary or equipment based.
- The general need of Junior Leagues. You must have a specific program/event focused on awareness of and access to roller derby for teen girls.
- Travel expenses for junior teams.
- Team uniforms.
Grant Application Process
Grant Applications Open: October 24, 2018
Grants Applications Close: November 30, 2018
Grants Decided By: January 30th, 2019
Please note – all applicants will be contacted by January 30th to let you know whether your grant application was/was not successful. As this is the first round of grants we are unable to give a date as to when the grants will be awarded. Some grants may be partially funded, so we encourage you to request the full amount needed for your programs/events to be successful.
How to Apply:
Fill out our ONLINE APPLICATION FORM during our open application dates and send any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your organization in the subject line.
Miss the deadline? Stay tuned to be the first to know when we open up the next round of applications. Get connected! Subscribe to our newsletter to stay in the loop.