Our Mission: To foster important life skills in girls, through participation in roller derby as skaters and decision makers.
Why: Participation in roller derby helps girls develop confidence, leadership, and organizational skills with lifelong benefits for skaters and their communities.
How: We help girls keep playing by funding awareness of and access to roller derby: an inclusive, alternative sport with a positive culture of participation, fun, and empowerment for girls and women.
Who We Are
Meet Our Board of Directors
- Booty Quake, aka Carla Smith | President & Co-Founder.
- Owner/Head Coach, Roller Derby Athletics; skater for Terminal City Rollergirls in Vancouver, BC.
Photo c. 2014 Roller Derby Athletics
- Eduskating Rita, aka Michele Donnelly | Vice President & Co-Founder.
- Assistant Professor of Sport Administration and Sport Studies (sociologist of gender) at Kent State University, Ohio; skater and VP of Training for Akron Roller Derby in Ohio.
Photo c. 2014 Shannon Ashworth
- Luludemon, aka Lucy Croysdill | Fundraising Director & Co-Founder.
- Owner/President, Pivotstar; Coach for Camp Elite, skater for Terminal City Rollergirls in Vancouver, BC.
Photo c. 2017 Lucy Croysdill
- Suzy Strychnine aka Suzy Dancisin | Treasurer
- Owner, Wicked Skatewear and Chicks in Bowls gang member; retired skater for OC Rollergirls in California.
Photo c. 2016 Suzy Dancisin
- Ivanna S. Pankin aka Denise Grimes | Secretary
- Founder, RollerCon Roller Derby Convention; WFTDA Training Chair; Skater for SoCal Derby and San Diego Derby Dolls in California.
Photo c.2016 Grant Palmer Photography
- Smarty Pants, aka Nadia Kean | Advisory Board Member
- Owner and Coach, Get Smarty Coaching; skater for the Texas Rollergirls and Team USA.
Photo c. 2017 Nadia Kean
If you are interested in volunteering your skills, please let us know here.